Member of Grupo Nueva Banca, S.A., was created by Corporate Charter No. 1499, of June 14, 1994, issued by the Special Notary’s Office of the Ministry of Justice of the Republic of Cuba.
Availing itself of the powers conferred on it by Article 6 of Decree-Law No.84, of October 13, 1984, Banco Nacional de Cuba issued Casa de Cambios S.A., a License to purchase and sell bills and traveller’s checks, exchange traveller’s checks, exchange cashier’s checks, engage in credit card operations and provide other services related to its activities in national currency and in freely convertible currency. By means of Resolution 16, of 1997, Banco Central de Cuba ratified that License and granted it the character of an Specific License.
Among its operations authorised to exercise are included:
- To purchase freely convertible currency with US dollars or convertible Cuban pesos.
- To purchase freely convertible currency with Cuban pesos.
- To sell convertible Cuban pesos for Cuban pesos.
- To honour credit cards.
- To cash traveller’s checks.
- To change US dollars and convertible Cuban pesos.
- To handle deposits to be credited to bank accounts.
All the exchange bureaus are provided with the necessary means for the checking of the legitimacy of the currencies, data transmission, book-keeping of the operations and protection.
Head Office:Aguiar 411 e/ Obrapía y Lamparilla, Municipio Habana Vieja, La Habana